Monday, July 19, 2010

Food Product!!

Topic: FOOD!!
This is production with Eira.


1.Food and food-related Words

salty/sour/spicy/bitter/juicy/crisp
appetizing/ fattening etc..

2.Reading
Article about JUNK FOOD!

(1)Oklahoma Cracks Down on Junk Food in Schools

The Oklahoma Fit kids Coalition which is a private group made up mostly of health proffesionals try to ban junk food for children.
For example, the bill barring the sales of low nurtrition snacks or soft drink makes obesity problem serious. So, they debated about this problem with young people.


(2)Why is Junk food unhealthy?

Junk food can be very unhealthy for people if eaten too much and daily. Many nutritionists will advise people not to eat lots of this kind of food .Junk food often includes a very high content in salt, sugar and fats that can affect our heart functions; this is because the high content in fat will cause our heart to suffer because it is put under a lot of strain. The high content in sugar that is found in many types of fast food can cause us many different types of illnesses and it can also ruin the enamel on our teeth causing them to rot.

3.Listening

(1) Super Size Me Trailer
Do you know American movie "Super Size Me"?
The man who is 32 years old try to dangerous experiment with three doctors (a cardiologist, a gastroenterologist, and a general practitioner), as well as a nutritionist and a personal trainer.
He must fully consume three McDonald's meals per day (at breakfast, lunch, and dinner time). He must sample every item on the McDonald's menu at least once over the course of the 30 days (he managed this in nine days).
What does he like 30 days later...?



If you want to know more detail about this movie, you should see here!

(2) Sham burger



This TV advertisement made for activity of ban JunkFood .
A comical character such a big hamburger gather audience's atention.
This advertisement was made with cooperation of 6 organizations.
A catch phrase is
"You wouldn't allow it on your doorstep. Why allow it on your television?"


4.Writing

Please think about follow questions.

1.What do you think about junk food advertising to children on the TV.

2.If you were a parent , do you give your child JunkFood ?

10 comments:

  1. I areadly watched this movie.
    that's intersting topic & activity .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about the product that food is only in McDonald.
    And, the illust is so funny on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were a parent, I don't always give my child alot of Junkfood. sometimes I give, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Yuki-chan and Eira-chan. This is Kako.
    I enjoyed your blog. I saw the video Super size me in Caleb's lesson last year. I felt scary!
    We should care about our food everyday.
    Thank you, and have a nice summer vacation! (^^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know about Super Size Me. I think that the junk food should be banned. Sham burger movie was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the movie. I know junk food is not good for our body, but I eat some junk foods... I want to see Super Size Me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your project.
    I'm interested in the video(Sham burger).
    I like Mcdonald, but I think to take care of my health.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen the movie "supersizeme",
    but I want to see it.
    the topic is familier to us so i enjoyed your activity very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is funnnyyyyyy!!!!! i cant stop laughing!!!hhahahahah
    sometimes i wanna eat jank food,but it is not good for health.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good activities. How about some questions for the videos.

    The food vocab quiz is good, but doesn't match the junk food topic.

    A

    ReplyDelete